(from the HeartConnexion Focussing page)
There really is a path to find your sense of peace in the middle of all the circumstances that confront you. While none of us can control all the outside situations, you can learn a process to find the deep wisdom to make confident choices in the face of your reality. As Victor Frankl learned as a holocaust survivor:
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves…. Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and freedom.
You can start finding your path today!
You can easily learn the skills to stop reacting negatively or stuffing your emotions when you:
- feel so stressed that you are ready to blow up at the next person who talks to you,
- feel like you are on your last nerve and anything might be too much to handle,
- feel too emotional to even think straight,
- feel like your patience with someone you care about has run out,
- feel like your reactions are putting important relationships at risk, or
- feel like your ‘inner critic’ is berating you, your ideas or plans and robbing you of your confidence.
Focussing has helped me immensely and I have seen it work for others. The knowledge that trauma is stored in the body is a relatively new understanding. In this episode Dr. Paul talks about this idea, including his understanding of the theory and his unique way of approaching it. In the next episode, he will talk about the actual approach including some examples from my focussing session with him.
Connect with Dr. Paul Fitzgerald
Dr. Paul on Facebook
HeartConnexion Focussing Free Course